How to enter the contest:
- Snap a photo at our Lettuce Party photo booth at our Burlington and Waterloo Grand Opening events.
- Post it on Instagram with the hashtag #LettuceParty and tag @thechoppedleaf on your post.
- Show your Instagram post to a Chopped Leaf team member at the booth to get a sunscreen lip balm.
- Take the silliest photo with your friends because on August 5, we will announce the winner of a one-year membership to GoodLife Fitness on Instagram!
- All participants who show their Instagram post with the #LettuceParty hashtag and @thechoppedleaf tagged to a team member at the booth will receive a branded, sunscreen lip balm.
- The Chopped Leaf team will select a participant from Instagram with the proper hashtag and tags and announce the grand prize winner on August 5.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who sign up on the social media platforms named (Instagram) and who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. Employees of Chopped Leaf its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of The Chopped Leaf as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on July 16, 2016 at noon. All online entries must be received by August 4, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry following the contest rules posted on Chopped Leaf’s Instagram profiles. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Innovative Food Brands. Optional verbiage to include: If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Innovative Food Brands.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a one-year membership to GoodLife Fitness. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by The Chopped Leaf. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except atThe Chopped Leaf’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Innovative Food Brands to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by The Chopped Leaf. Winner will be announced on Instagram. The Chopped Leaf shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [2 days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE CHOPPED LEAF’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that The Chopped Leaf, anyone acting on behalf of The Chopped Leaf, and The Chopped Leafs’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Chopped Leaf. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Innovative Food Brands from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Innovative Food Brands may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: The Chopped Leaf reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The Chopped Leafs’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, The Chopped Leaf may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Chopped Leaf. The Chopped Leaf reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Innovative Food Brands has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Innovative Food Brands reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Chopped Leaf and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Canada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Chopped Leaf, Innovative Food Brands 700 Kerr Street, Ste. 100 Oakville, ON L6K 3W5 Canada. Requests must be received no later than May 11, 2016 at 5:00 PM EST.
14. Sponsor: This contest is sponsored by The Chopped Leaf, a subsidiary of Innovative Food Brands 700 Kerr Street, Ste. 100 Oakville, ON Canada L6K 3W5