Last week’s Restaurants Realities saw a gathering of almost 300 industry leaders, all ready to discuss the Canadian food service landscape, upcoming trends and innovation. Among the top industry experts was The Chopped Leaf’s very own President and COO Nick Veloce.
Foodservice and Hospitality’s annual Top 100 Report presented The Chopped Leaf with the award for the highest growth percentage (47%).
Following the awards ceremony Veloce joined a panel of prominent executives in the industry to discuss what each brand has done in the past and present to continually grow and reinvent their products and services.
When asked about what factors contributed to The Chopped Leaf’s success Veloce responded, “The Chopped Leaf was ahead of its time when it first opened but now we’re right on trend. Being in the franchise world, one of the things we did when we acquired this brand was put in a very stringent process around how we chose our franchisors. Once we put that in place, we began to see some really strong results. Currently, 50% of our franchisees own 80% of our units, which has really helped propel our growth.”
Other panels included discussions on:
- Canadian food market trends, annual spend and what it takes to exceed consumer expectations
- Financial experts reviewed 2019 projections, forecasting a slow down in consumer traffic
- Operations specialists discussed the challenges of meeting consumer delivery needs and the logistics involved
- The necessity to cater to social media savvy consumers
- Staffing turnover and retention
For further information about the conference click here